In The End of the Suburbs: Where the American Dream Is Moving, author Leigh Gallagher explains much more eloquently than I ever could what I see in Los Angeles every day: people don’t want to move away from the centers of culture and commerce to live on a cul-de-sac in Santa Clarita anymore. The millennial generation in particular, people born in the the years from roughly the early 80’s to the early 2000’s, are not following the pattern of previous generations by packing up (some might say giving up) and moving to the ‘burbs as they come of age and start popping out kids. In Los Angeles, “millennials” and older Gen-X’ers are putting down serious roots, especially on the Eastside in communities such as Silver Lake, Echo Park, Highland Park, and Atwater Village. Continue reading
- Highland Park Home + Apartment + Office/Storefront!
- 3 Bedroom Pool Home in San Gabriel!
- Mid-Century Modern Classic in Silver Lake!
- Montecito Heights Contemporary – Open House Sunday 2-5
- Property of California Republic
- Spanish Bungalow in Whitley Heights
- Downtown Condo/Loft Prices Still Going Up
- Hollywood Dell Condo For Sale
- 3-Unit Income Property in Franklin Hills
- 12th Floor Loft in the Historic Core